Saturday 22 May 2021

Eurovision 2021: My New Choice - Finland!

Eurovision may not be to everybody's taste but I've always found it fun. There's not so many silly songs or acts these days which is a shame. The nearest to that would be the dreadful Russian entry.  Like most British voters I had no difficulty in choosing the Polish Milk Maids. The song was alright as well!

It's all a little too serious these days thought the traditions of neighbouring countries swapping their 12 points will continue though the Greek and Cypriot entries are both quite good, In fact some time back I recommended the song from Cyprus mainly because it wasn't a bad little number and it had upset some religious nutters

Now I've had time to reflect and though they say Switzerland and France are strong favourites neither of these songs did anything for me. I rate Malta and Portugal well above them. If were a betting man..... I might put a fiver on Malta.

However the song which really stood out for me was this one from Finland. The influence of Linkin Park can be heard. If there was any justice in this contest it should win.

No comments:

Post a Comment