Friday 29 October 2021

Musical Influences - Siouxsie And The Banshees

























Life isn't all about politics and music is very central to me as regular readers both here and on my previous blog will be aware. I thought it time to move on from the influences of "Prog Rock" thopugh I may return to a couple of seventies bands later in this series. Music changes and so do tastes and although most punk music did not appeal there was an off-shoot around what is best described as the "Goth Scene" and one of the earliest acts I latched on to was Siouxsie And The Banshees.

































The sound that Siouxsie produced was for me unique and creative. The first actual album I picked uo was the live Nocturne double LP but did go on to collect several of her albums and singles amongst which were more than a few of those 12" mixes that were so popular in the eighties. 

This album was recorded at the Royal Albert Hall which funnily enough was where I saw her perform just the once when she released Peek-A-Boo on of my favourite songs and albums of that decade.

Israel - No 41 1980


Cities In Dust - No 21 1985


Peek-A-Boo - No 16 1988



No comments:

Post a Comment