Saturday 20 November 2021

Deap Vally - Marriage (Cooking Vinyl)


























One of the benefits of You Tube is the ability to explore and discover music. Over the years I have come across quite a lot of bands and artists (especially from Europe and Japan) that otherwise I may never had heard of. These bands ranging from Battle Beast in Finland to Lovebites from Japan have have expanded my appreciation of music as their records enter my collection.

Of course I can't buy everything (who can) but there are bands whose music is worth picking up and Deap Valley who I came across by accident are one of them. The ladies have been around since 201l originating in Los Angeles, their music  being best described as "Alternative/Garage Rock". 

The two members Lindsey Troy and of Julie Edwards released their first single back in 2012 and have released four albums of which Marriage is the latest having been released on 19th November 2021. I have chosen two tracks from their new album to illustrate their sound. 




No comments:

Post a Comment