Saturday 19 June 2021

Blackpink -The Album


























In a bit of departure from the normal fare I picked up this album from "K-Pop" band Blackpink which is not a new release but reached number two in the UK album charts last year. Until now I've only listened to K-Pop on You Tube as the performances which are highly professionally choreographed really enhance the experience.

The first band I came across was AOA who I understand are no longer around but there's plenty of girl groups to choose from for us boys anyway. Being yer average heterosexual male of a certain age who has never had problems with his gender or identity I do find I'm only interested in the ladies. I'm sure that the boy groups have their followers from the opposite sex.

K-Pop of course originates in South Korea and faces the ire of young rabid old murderous commie Kim Yong-un who describes this music as a " vicious cancer" but then you are talking about a man who had his uncle executed using an anti-aircraft gun. Right charmer.



















Photo: By @K_POP

However I digress. This album is worth a spin (old fashioned term for this digital age) and does show the good vocal ranges of the girls in the group. One word of warning. It's not very long, just 24 minutes in fact which is roughly what I would expect on one side of a vinyl album. 

Blackpink are Jisso, Jennie, Rose and Lisa.



Website: ygfamily.com

No comments:

Post a Comment