Thursday 12 August 2021

Musical Influences - Genesis


























Genesis were one of the earliest bands I got into starting with Selling England By The Pound and Genesis Live very quickly after grabbing a couple of albums from their back catalogue all of which are now considered classics of the Prog Rock Genre.


























The band are not to everybodies tastes as I became aware especially after they drifted into the world of popular music, though for the most part I continued to follow them for a long time. However the influence that Genesis had on me was very much only up to their double concept album, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway.

It was this song that brought  to my attention when I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) entered the charts in 1973. Love the lyrics....




























Peter Gabriel was a great front-man for Genesis, though this led to jealousies with the other members of This track from Genesis Live, The Knife was originally from the LP Trespass.



The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway was the last album from their classic years and remains a favourite to this day though my vinyl copy purchased in my schooldays really does need replacing with a CD!






No comments:

Post a Comment