Thursday 5 August 2021

Musical Influences - Pink Floyd


























Pink Floyd are one of Britain's most successful bands and back in 1973 when they released Dark Side Of The Moon it seemed like everyone who listened to music had a copy and that poster was on their wall! The album seemed to stay in the charts like forever. It was in fact a world wide hit. 

As a result I began collecting Floyd;s back catalogue and over the years did manage to have all their studio albums though a couple did get nicked. I recall their first two LP's beig re-released as a double album as A Nice Pair and when I got enough money remember the shop assistants face when I asked if they had the album. Did't think. Realise now. Sorry love. My bad.


























Floyd did a mixture of both serious and amusing tracks such as Bike which remains the missus favourite.




Another of Pink Floyd's amusing little tracks was the rather lengthily named Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict from the Ummagumma double album.



Although I like all their albums, though the jury is still out on their last effort The Endless River. If you ask me which is my favourite it will always be Atom Heart Mother.  It's unlikely that there will ever be any new albums from the bad though I do keep a eye out for Dave Gilmour.




No comments:

Post a Comment