Friday 17 September 2021

Billy Idol - The Roadside EP (Dark Horse Records)


























It's been a while since I've heard anything new from Billy Idol but his new four track EP (available physically for a change) has been plugged a lot on the radio and rightly so in my opinion.

Billy produced a number of hits back in the eighties though only three made it into the top ten. These were two re-releases White Wedding and Rebel Yell both of which reached No 6 in 1985 and Mony Mony which went to No 7 in 1987. His last chart outing was the album Cyberpunk which reached No 20.

Of the four tracks on the EP it's Bitter Taste that appears to attract the attention. Certainly my better half likes it! I rather like Rita Hayworth which is the the first track. Either way I hope this record is a hit though I've no idea about the charts these days,



Website: billyidol.net

No comments:

Post a Comment