Friday 17 September 2021

Musical Influences: Alice Cooper































One of the great songs I remember from my school days was Schools Out by Alice Cooper. It became a sort of anthem back then and his follow up hit Elected was also a great tune even if as young lads we sort of adjusted the title a little bit. Such was the king of smutty humour we had in the play ground.

Alice Cooper is an artist I've stuck with over the years. Nice guy who like me went through an alcoholic rehabilitation programme. Alice even went on to produce an album, From The Inside based on his experiences. 

However it was Billion Dollar Babies that really hit the mark and remains one of my all time favourite albums. 

Alice Cooper has a syndicated radio show which is broadcast on Planet Rock in the UK and kept me going whilst I lay in a hospital bed for eight months a three years or so ago. His latest album Detroit Stories was released earlier this year.


Schools Out (1972)



Elected (1972)


I love the Dead (album track/1973)


Website: 

No comments:

Post a Comment