Sunday 25 July 2021

Roger Chapman - Life In The Pond



























Earlier this month I began an on-going series of weekly blogs covering the artists and albums that have influenced my musical tastes over the years. The first one covered Family whose single In My Own Time was the very first record I ever purchased.

The lead singer was Roger Chapman who sang with the band until it broke up in 1974 then going to the short lived Streetwalkers before embarking on a solo career.

It was by chance that I came across this new release from Roger Chapman thanks to a mate who commented on a Facebook post where I linked to Family's single My Friend The Sun that he had heard good things via a review in Mojo.

So off to aunty Amazon and here it is. Eleven excellent tracks and given Roger's age (79!) an amazing performance.



No comments:

Post a Comment